Hosted by: Shenandoah Valley Beekeepers Association
Dr. Ernesto Guzman, Professor and Director of the Honey Bee Research Centre in the School of Environmental Sciences at the University of Guelph in Ontario, Canada, and Dr. David Tarpy, with the Department of Entomology, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, N.C., will be our speakers for the day.
Agenda (As of Sept. 13, 2015, subject to change)
8:00 – 9:00 Registration
9:00 – 9:15 Opening Remarks
9:15 – 10:00 Dr. David Tarpy - Better Queens, Better Colonies
10:00 -10:45 Dr. Ernesto Guzman - Basis of Selective Breeding for the Honey Bee
10:45 - 11:15 Break
11:15 – 11:30 Door Prize Drawings
11:30 – 12:00 Business Meeting
12:00 - 1:30 Lunch
(1:00 Local club representatives meeting)
1:30 – 1:45 Door Prize Drawing
1:45 – 2:30 Dr. Ernesto Guzman - Microbes, Natural Oils and Nutraceuticals to Sustainably Control Parasites in Honey Bee Colonies
2:30 – 3:15 Dr. David Tarpy -The Queen and Disease Clinic at NSU
3:15 – 3:45 Break
3:45 – 4:00 Door Prize Drawings with Grand Prize Drawing
4:00 – 4:30 Master Beekeeping Program Update
- BC Bee Books –Books, honey, bee equipment.
- Carol Butler – Handmade bee-themed items.
- Dadant – Will take orders to be delivered to the meeting. Place your orders by Friday morning, Nov. 6th, by calling 800-220-8325.
- Geezer Ridge Farm - Handles the full line of Mann Lake products with up to 40 percent off of catalog prices. Call 304-702-3848 through Tuesday, Nov. 3rd to place yourorder for delivery on Nov. 7th.
- Haywood Honey & Supplies - Honey Bee Healthy, soaps, lotions, lip balm, and stained glass.
- Unison Pottery Tile Works – Handmade honey bee-themed ceramics.
- W. G. Bee – T-shirts, jewelry and honey pots.